The submission of an article implies that the work has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis or as an electronic preprint), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere including electronically in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the copyright-holder.
All data relating to the article must be made available in Supplementary files or deposited in external repositories and it must be submitted if it is requested.
Changes to Authorship
JHS accepts the add and drop or rearrangement of author names in an accepted manuscript before publication. Before the accepted manuscript is published, requests to add or remove an author, or to rearrange the author names, must be sent to the Journal Secretary by the corresponding author. This request must include:
- The reason the name should be added or removed, or the author names rearranged and
- Written confirmation (e-mail, fax, letter) from all authors that they agree with the addition, removal or rearrangement. In the case of addition or removal of authors, this includes confirmation from the author being added or removed.
Requests that are not sent by the corresponding author will be forwarded by the Journal Secretary to the corresponding author, who must follow the procedure as described above. Note that: (1) the Journal Secretary will inform the Journal Editors of any such requests and (2) the publication of the accepted manuscript in an issue will be suspended until authorship has been agreed. After the manuscript is published any requests to add, drop or rearrange author names will not be taken into consideration.
Authors should add their papers a confirmation of copyright of the article submitted to JHS, a sample is shown below.
“The attached article(s), whose writer(s) and title(s) are clearly indicated below, has/have been sent for your consideration to be published in JHS. The article(s) has/have yet to be published anywhere else, nor has/have the article(s) been sent to another journal for consideration. In the case that any or all of the article be accepted for publication, we affirm that all publishing rights shall belong permanently to JHS for each accepted article.
As the writer(s) whose signature(s) appear below, I/we accept all the conditions found in the Author Guidelines section and affirm that the below article(s) has/have been written in accordance to the ethical rules stated therein. I/we furthermore affirm that all accompanying articles are original works, that all articles are accompanied with their original copyright forms, that the writer(s) transfere/s all editing rights to the Publications Board for the JHS, and that all copyrights, including registered copyrights, shall be transferred to the JHS upon acceptance.”
The following list will be useful during the final checking of an article prior to submission. Please consult this Guide for Authors for further details of any item and ensure that the following items are present:
- In the first page, the full name and affiliation of all author(s)
- If article is written by two or more authors one author should be defined as corresponding author. In the first page, name, mailing address, work/mobile phone numbers, and e-mail address(es) of corresponding author.
- In the article in Turkish
- an abstract between 150 and 200 words and 5-8 keywords in Turkish and a title
- an abstract between 150 and 200 words and 5-8 keywords in English.
- a long summary in English between 1500 and 2000 words. This extended summary should include the title in English, sub-topics of the article, and all references (This section may be submitted after acceptance).
- In the article in English
- an abstract between 150 and 200 words and 5-8 keywords in English.
- an abstract between 150 and 200 words and 5-8 keywords in Turkish and a title. If the author does not know Turkish, this part will be translated by JHS.
- All figure captions; all figures supplied as a separate file in suitable formats (.jpg, .pdf or .png), printable resolution and proper size.
- All tables (including title, description, footnotes)
- Manuscript has been spell-checked and grammar-checked
- References are in the correct format (APA 6th edition)
- All references mentioned in the text are listed in the bibliography and vice versa
- Permission has been obtained for use of copyrighted material from other sources (including the Web)
Copyediting and Proofreading
JHS publishes articles in Turkish and English. Please write your text in good Turkish or English. Articles in Turkish must have an extended English abstract. Authors who think their Turkish and English needs copyediting may request help from Journal Secretary. JHS will find somebody for this. Charges for this service belong to the Authors.
Queuing for Publishing
After all review and copyediting processes completed Editorial Board will decide for the issue in which the article will take place. Normally the articles are listed according to submission dates. But in some cases there may be some exceptions related with the special issues and focused files. The author(s) will be informed about this decision.
If author needs and demands an acceptance letter showing the status of the article may be supplied by editorial board. This letter will include a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) number which the author may further necessary official processes.
Use of the Digital Object Identifier
The Digital Object Identifier (DOI) may be used to cite and link to electronic documents. The DOI consists of a unique alpha-numeric character string which is assigned to a document by the publisher upon the initial electronic publication. The assigned DOI never changes. Therefore, it is an ideal medium for citing a document, particularly 'Articles in press' because they have not yet received their full bibliographic information.
An example of a correctly given DOI for JHS (in URL format; human.society.Volume Number.Issue Number.Article Number): http://dx.doi.org/10.12658/human.society.1.1. M0002
When you use a DOI to create links to documents on the web, the DOIs are guaranteed never to change.
Open Access System
JHS has an open access policy. All of published articles and reviews can be reached at
www.insanvetoplum.org. IVT allows readers to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and allow readers to use them for any other lawful purpose.
Copies of the Journal
A hardcopy of the Journal will also be sent to All author(s). Besides this, the corresponding author, at no cost, will be provided with a PDF file of the article via e- mail.